Sunday 1 April 2012

New Benefit 'Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow' Foundation

Yeay finally Benefit has released a liquid foundation (literally it launched in the UK 31/3/12)! I was so excited about this foundation because I had tried it out a few weeks ago during a make up lesson with Benefit. What I love about this foundation is the fact that you cannot feel it on your skin. I cannot stand foundations that feel heavy, or chalky. I can safely say this foundation steers clear from these problems. This foundation is great for ALL skin types. The formula is oil free, so it leaves a silky feeling without clogging up your pores as much as an oil based foundation would. What also makes this formula unique is the benefits it gives your skin for instance the SPF 25 makes this foundation perfect for summer and taking on holidays with you.It also contains vitamin C and E derivatives which aparently prevent signs of aging. It also gives more sun protection by having a three star PA rating. PA is the protection against the UVA filter. The name really says it all (‘Oxygen Wow’) because the formula has a oxygen hydrating complex which is great for me because my skin can get quite dry and flaky, so even though there is no oil it still hydrates your skin and mor eimportantly lets it breathe!
As for the foundation it comes in 9 different shades. I have the lightest shade because im so pale sadly (‘believe in me’ Ivory). For me this foundation brightens my skin before I even apply concealor. I find it provides more coverage than other foundations I have tried. It isnt very sheer, which I think is a good thing because this foundation does cover redness and minor blemishes. It holds my other make up well on top of it such as blush. The colour does look slightly orange, but as soon as you blend/buff this into your skin it does give you a natural complexion.
I put this on with my fingers. You only need one pump I’d say for your full face. A dot on each cheek, chin and forehead, then rub it in with my fingers and then buff it in with a foundation brush or stipling brush (which ever one is cleanest to be honest!). Really make sure you take your time to blend in foundation because it will be orange. The more you blend and buff the easier the foundation will adapt to your natural colour. A hint here is to blend this down your neck and your ears aswell.

The Poreless Professional free sample. The tube
to the right is one bought a while ago.

They retail for £24.50 but I got a fiver off with my Debenhams Beauty Card (which I really recommend you get because it is like a Boots card!). The foundation came with a free sample of The Poreless Professional balm, which is a good base and handy to have in your kit! It is oil free and translucent on your skin. It literally feels like silk! I put this on my cheeks or as a face primer, because my pores are quite big and this product does minimise them. Its quite impressive to be honest!
I recommend this foundation to anyone who is tempted to try it. However I would recommend you try before you buy because foundations feel different on everyone because we all have different skin!
Miss B xx

No comments:

Post a Comment