Wednesday 28 March 2012

Dior 5 Couleurs Garden Edition in 441 Garden Pastels

Shw mae pawb! I bought this palette back in February as part of Dior’s Spring makeup collection. It was SO hard to find because I waited about a month to buy it, but to my horror everywhere had sold out and I mean EVERYWHERE!! Debenhams, John Lewis, House of Fraser etc. I was lucky to find this colour palette online on Selfridges. Dior released another Garden Palette called Garden Roses, which I also got because I thought I couldn’t get the Garden pastels, but then I found it!


pic.twitter.com/P1QZU6c3This palette is a great depiction of Dior’s love of flowers and the ‘flower woman’ that he created back in 1947. This palette also carries on the romanticism and pastel colour trends for this Springs’ makeup. You can tell that a lot of thought has been put into creating this palette, and it is a nice addition to add for any Dior fan’s makeup collection.
pic.twitter.com/bgR1Nxy7This palette was inspired by nature. It’s 5 shadows each have a rose print, whereas the middle shadow carries the initials CD for Christian Dior. These roses ring a recapture the Dior Haute Couture Rose embellishments. The palette comes with two, two sided sponge applicators, however I do prefer to use my normal shadow brushes to properly place and blend these shadows.

The first colour (bottom left) in the palette looks pale yellow which has some shimmer. It is a nice neutral colour which I used as a base. The colour up from that is green but has an iridescent gold pigment that comes out more when you blend it. Because of the gold in that colour it complements the first colour very well. The bottom right colour is a minty green. For some reason it seems more turquoise as you blend it but it is shimmery and pretty. I use this to shadow my crease to give more definition. The top right colour is kind of a white with a slight green undertone to it. I think it is a nice touch to the palette as a highlight which I have placed under my brows and in the corners of my eyes. The pink in the middle is rosy and shimmery I just place that on top of the colours to soften them. One final thing to add is that shadows all smell like Roses!
All in all, this palette is a real rosy gem especially for those who collect Dior. However, it is expensive for 5 eye shadows, but then again it is a piece of Dior so it is also reasonable I suppose. I would say if you love the colours then this palette is for you, however also if you just love Dior then also this is for you. I find these colours easy to use and wear, but sometimes I do get the feeling that this is just a collector’s item.
Thanks for reading!

Miss B xx

No comments:

Post a Comment