Thursday 19 April 2012

Rimmel London Glam Eyes Quad Eyeshadow in Sun Safari

I have never owned an eyeshadow by Rimmel London before, so I thought that this Quad would be the perfect first time try of what the brand has to offer. I decided on the palette Sun Safari because I thought these colours would suit everyone, and that it would be perfect for the Summer! Rimmel London also have 8 other palettes that vary in shades, so I suggest that you should check them out as there is a good choice of colours! On the back of these palettes Rimmel London say what colour eyes they think will suit the palette in hand. For Sun Safari, Rimmel London reccomend it for Blue Eyes, but I do beleive that any colour eye will be able to carry this colour off just as well!

Each palette comes with a double ended sponge applicator. I do prefer to use brushes with this product because it is easier to blend as you go, rather than switching to these sponges. I find that they just get in the way! Do not be alarmed when you first see this palette and think OMG how do I use it, because there is a guide on the back, that has numbered each of the individual colours. The numbers are then mapped out as a visual aid.

For the look I achieved I used the bottom colour as an all over base, going up to the brow bone. Then I applied the left colour all over the lid. Then blended the right colour half way accross my lid and slightly through the eye crease, then really blended it out. Then I placed the top darkest colour on the outter corner of my lids and blended slightly through the socket too. I also used the top dark colour to line and define my eye. As a tip I would suggest using a kohl with this look on the water line. I used a brown kohl which is also by Rimmel London (but any brown kohl will do the job fine!). The back of this palette has suggested a turquoise liner, which just proves that you can really experiment and enhance this looks as much as you prefer! I then took the bottom colour and placed it under the brown bone and in the corner of my eye. This lightens the eye and gives the illusion that they are bigger.


This quad is good value for money and it does give you a nice look to the eye. You can really experiment with the four colours provided. Good product and I do reccomend this to EVERYONE of EVERY EYE COLOUR! :) ...It is what you make of it!



Miss B xx

No comments:

Post a Comment