Friday 9 March 2012

Benefit Smokey Eye Make Up Lesson


As you will soon find out I have a slight obsession with Benefit makeup. Today is another blog about one of their finest pieces. I just came back from an enjoyable and successful makeup lesson with one of the girls in their Swansea counter in Debenhams... and of course I have not come home empty handed! If anyone has a chance to pop in for a makeup lesson, they are very good for tips and answering any makeup related questions you have. Today I asked for a smoky eye look, as you can see by the photos. I absolutely love it. I hardly wear such a dramatic eye purely because I am a bit worried it will be TO dramatic but I thought it was very subtle, clean and sophisticated. So today’s blog is about the ‘Smokin’ Eyes’ eye and brow palette (which I purchased immediately after the lesson).


As you can see from the photo the palette contains all the essentials you would need to create a smoky eye look. There are three eye shadow colours along the top. The one on the left is a pink highlight which you would place underneath the brow bone, the middle is a base shadow in the colour Pewter and the right is a deep Charcoal eye shadow that you place on the outer side of you lid. There is also an eye liner in the colour Smokin’ and an applicator brush. The brush on one side is angled to line your eye along the lash line. Then a fluff brush, on the other side to blend in the colours to really soften up the edge and give you that classy smoked eye. The kit contains a tweezers. The two colours at the bottom are for your eyebrows. The left, darker colour is a wax that shapes the brow and the bright pink on the right should be dabbed in the corner of the eye or under the eye.

If this all sounds a bit much and you have no idea how to do a smokey or have never tried then don’t worry because there is a make up lesson inside the kit. The different products within the kit have been clearly marked out for you aswell (ill pop a picture of that up aswell). If you do go for a makeup lesson, if you are asked if you want to have a go yourself, try it because I did my right eye by myself with some instruction, so they do actually teach you.
It retails at £28.50. I believe that what you are getting is really good for the money because you have so many products all in one kit. The make up I believe is good quality. Also I received 10% discount off!
Really love this product! I think it is very wearable. So far everyone who has seen it really likes it. It may sound very dramatic and out there but it really isn’t. Cannot wait to wear this out tomorrow night! I can honestly say I am no longer worried about creating a smokey eye. Thank you Benefit in Swansea.
B xx

No comments:

Post a Comment