Tuesday 15 May 2012

Favourite MaxFactor Nail Varnishes


I have no idea why but recently I have had an obsession with nail varnish! Do you often get that? When you go through phases of buying just lip glosses or eyeshadows? Any who I am undergoing a nail polish phase lately and thought it would be a good idea to tell you what brand has stood out to me.

And the winning brand is MaxFactor!!! They have the best iredecent polishes on the market right now, I believe. Four colours from their polish collection have stood out above and beyond!
The colours are:
  • Dazzling blue - This colour is so beautiful! Its base colour is light blue. The iredecent shimmer is then a yellow/green colour. I reminds of me of the Petrol effect polishes. By the way apologies about the photo of me wearing it, it isn't very clear but I thought Caswell Beach was a beautiful backdrop because this polish matched the colour of the Sea :)


  • Graffiti - This polish is less understated and dramatic than Dazzling Blue, however it features a dark Turquoise base colour with light blue shimmer.

  • Fantasy fire - my second favourite out of the four polishes! It embodies a dark purple base colour and then has dark Red shimmer through it. It is a nicely surprising how well these two colours work with each other. If dark colours aren't your thing but you like the look of this polish then I recommend wearing this colour on just one nail, and then painting the rest a different colour. I used a coral pink for my other nails with this colour and I just works so well.

  • Sunny pink - This colour is my favourite because I love pink nails. This polish embodies the prettiest pale ballerina pink base and has gold/yellow shimmer through it. If I had to describe this colour in one word it would be pearlescent. However it did take about 3 coats to achieve this colour but the result was worth it I thought. I would happily wear this colour on every nail, however today I just did not have enough time too so I painted one nail Sunny Pink, one nail Fantasy Fire and the rest a matt coral pink (Rimmel London's Rose Libertine I think its called).
These polishes do only come in mini jars which I find sad because I would have liked more polosh. In saying that these polishes where £3.99 each, which I thought was not bad for a MaxFactor polish! You would definety get a lot of wear out of these. I have worn mine for 24 hours and there is no sign of chipping. They dried quite quickly, I'd say a minute, however I was impatient today and did not wait until they dried to slam on another coat.

If you have a friend who loves nail polish then these colours should be a nice treat for a gift. Or if you are like me and are stressed from exams, sacrificing some of your student loan or hard earned wages on one of these babies is not a bad idea. I promise I won't tell!

Hope you enjoyed this review and if you pass a MaxFactor counter, try some testers because they are brilliant! If you are studying hard for an exam aswell, good luck :)

Miss B xx

No comments:

Post a Comment