Friday 11 May 2012

Estée Lauder Eyeshadow Palette in Bronze Sands

This beautiful palette is just one of the jewels available from estée's Bronze Godess Collection. I am truly impressed with this collection. I could talk about it looooooaaads so to save some time I want to talk about my favourite piece from the collection - the bronze sands palette. The first thing you notice about this palette is the packaging. It is a typical Estée Lauder gold case - a real classic and would great on anyone's dresser, makeup kit or even your suitcase for your summer holidays. As for the palette it reminds me of a lush, deep and hypnotising blue Oasis in the middle of the golden sands of the dessert. This palette would look especially good with a tan, but I am as white as a ghost right now and it still looks great so I reccomend this for all skin shades!

The shadows themselves are embossed with a rippled effect like you would see in the dessert or on the tide of the beach. The bronze shadows are various in their shades. The bottom left is a sheer shimmery gold. It is the perfect highlight of the brow bone. The top left is a very pigmented copper bronze colour, again it is shimmery. As seen in the photo I blended this colour inbetween the blue and the dark brown which is in the bottom right of the palette. I also reccommend using this dark brown to line half of the bottom lash line and then use the blue to finish the line to the corner of your eye. I think the blue works well blended out from the corner of the eye out. I think it looks like the sand leading to the sea! That is what inspired the look. As a final touch I blended the dark brown through the socket slightly. With some mascara you got the perfect bronze Godess look for a night out! A tip from me, is toupee a blue kohl on the waterline just to give more definition. Another tip is to use the copper colour as a bronzer. It blends in so well into your cheeks even though it is an eye shadow so I reccommend trying that!

If dramatic eyes are not your thing then no problem! This palette has a lovely medium gold colour in the top right corner that can be worn alone with the dark brown to line the eyes. Or worn with the dark brown on the outter corner of the eye and smudged into the crease. You could swap that brown for the copper if you proffered. Honestly this palette is so versatile that you can experiment freely.
 

This palette was £35 from Debenhams. I got mine for the same price but from Boots. Basically anywhere that has an estée Lauder counter should have this jewel! It may be pricey but I genuinely believe that you cannot go wrong with this price compared to other high end palettes on the market that are over £40. I believe this palette is good value for a high end brand. Am so in love with this product!!! I have to admit I love this collection so much I got the lipgloss too and I'm debating on a lipstick!

This palette is a true Jewel for the Summer :)

....Hey just thinking ahead for Summer ;)

Miss B xx

http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10001_10001_123008026899_-1?breadcrumb=Home%7EtxtEstée+Lauder+bronze+Godess

No comments:

Post a Comment