Monday 25 June 2012

Revlon Colour Burst Lip Butter


Revlon lip butters have been released in the UK only in recent months. It was an anticipated release as these butters are very popular in America. These butters are everywhere you look in the UK. You only have to put on the TV or open a magazine to see Emma Stone's ad campaign. The formula contains Mango, Shea and Cocoa Butter, which act as the moisturising agent. Each butter is not completely sheer. The pigments in these butters are visible and I recon they can be worn in the place of lipstick. There are 20 colours to choose from in the UK, which is great because you are never short of choice! Believe me the decision of which lip butter colour you want is hard, mind that's because I am very indecisive.



I bought two neutral colours to begin with because I thought two safe colours would be good to try. I got Peach Parfait (below) and Sugar Frosting (above). Peach Parfait to me looks darker in the bullet rather than it is swatched. It is indeed Peach that looks to me has more of a pink undertone than orange. Sugar Frosting speaks for itself in that the colour is indeed a frosty pink. It could just be my eyes but I can see silver shimmer in there too. This colour is quite sheer in comparison to peach parfait, however I think this is because it's only meant to give your lips shimmer rather than colour.



In my opinion these butters where worth the wait. They are better than a tin lip balm because you are not wasting left over product on your fingers and also it is cleaner application. The packaging is nice. The butters are in bullets that you twist, just like a lipstick. Each butter has different colour packaging depending on its butter colour. You forget that you are not using a lipstick even though the butters come in bullet form. I did find that I had to reapply the balm every 2 hours or there abouts. However my lips where moisturised during that time. I think these are perfect for those who dislike using lip stick and those who like lip balm. I have purchased one of these butters as a gift for a friend. These butters are therefore great gifts for anyone. As a word of warning these butters can melt so be careful. Another slight down side is that while applying the butter, some of the butter runs off the bullet and on the packaging making it look slightly messy. You can wear these butters alone or you could put a slick of gloss over the top if you prefer.

This product can be purchased at any revlon counter. I got mine from Superdrug in the UK for £7.99, however they are now on offer in Superdrug for £5.99.
http://www.superdrug.com/search?q=Revlon+lip+butter&searchsubmit=Search
http://www.revlon.co.uk/Revlon-Home/Products/Lips/Lipcolor/Revlon-ColorBurst-Lip-Butter.aspx

More colours of these butters are on my list - fantastic products.

Miss B xx

No comments:

Post a Comment