Monday 18 June 2012

Kiko Pencil Lip Gloss

I could not resist walking into Kiko Cosmetics in Westfields this week, during my time in London. This is because I have been to a Kiko shop whilst visiting a friend in Barcelona. Seeing this shop in London was a surprise because I did not think that Kiko was sold here in the UK, but obviously I am wrong! And I am very very very happy that I was wrong! 






Kiko is an Italian cosmetic brand. It's motto is to 'be what you want to be'. this does translate into their products because they are very good quality and extremely good value for money! Their choice of colours are fantastic, for example one wall was dedicated to different types of nail varnish. This wide spectrum of colour does allow you to express yourself and fulfil the afore mentioned motto. According to their website their products are non-comedogenic (face make up) and ophthalmologically tested (eye make up). Their products are inspired by Milan fashion. Also according they do not test on animals which is great. If you want to know more about the brand then the website shall be posted below.






One product really caught my eye, because I have not seen a product like this before - a lip gloss pencil! At first you think of it to be dupe of the Clinique Chubby Sticks. However these Kiko pencils are a fraction of the price and are literally lipgloss. These pencils come in 12 shades. The formula is fantastic because it is so soft, creamy and produces a beautiful glossy veil on your lips (much like ordinary gloss from a tube). I do prefer the pencil gloss in some respects because it is faster and I believe more hygienic. The formula contains anti-aging vitamin E which is great because prevention is better than a cure! Out of the 12 shades I picked shade number 7 in Baby Pink. This colour is not sheer. It leaves your lips with a gorgeous baby pink colour. One sweep is all you need. The last fab thing about this pencil is the price! They retail at £3.90 in the UK. I recently purchased another lip gloss pencil as a gift for someone because they are fantastic and extremely good value for money! Therefore for me, Kiko do fulfil their motto. 






One down side about this product is that it is a pencil and would require sharpening. However sharpeners are not difficult to find. Just have this in mind when you purchase this product. The cheapest I could find in Boots was a Bourjois sharpener that sharpens lip pencils and eye liner kohl's also. Here is the link for that  - http://www.boots.com/en/Bourjois-Paris-Pencil-Sharpener_50602/ 


http://www.kikocosmetics.com/eshop/uk/home


The swatches where taken outside Kensington Palace today after our tour. Such a pretty building. 


Miss B xx






No comments:

Post a Comment